Monday, February 4, 2013

So God Made a Farmer...

If you don't watch the Super Bowl for the game, you probably watch it for the commercials. My favorite ad from the Game leaves me speechless no matter how many times I watch it.

Dodge Ram ran a commercial praising the hard work of farmers, featuring Paul Harvey and mentioning God all throughout. Harvey's nostalgic voice, combined with the captivating images, made for a powerful message, especially given the carefree nature of the Super Bowl.

We all have a little farmer in us. Our ancestors farmed. In fact, if your family doesn't farm you probably have relatives or friends that farm. This is a message that resonates with all Americans. We thank God for farmers.

I have to admit, though, I'm a Ford guy. Regardless, this is definitely one of my favorite commercials of all time. 

Roll the tape.


Click here to view my post in Counter Cultured.

No comments:

Post a Comment