(A sign of good things to come?)
Today, we celebrate the birthday and living legacy of the former governor of Alaska. She has re-energized the conservative movement and inspired many young conservatives, like myself, to stand up and speak out in order to restore American Exceptionalism.
As those in the old Lamestream media continue to write her off (again), they ignore the power of new media - you know, WE THE PEOPLE - the citizen journalists, or as some try to belittle us, "just a blogger."
Her influence on social media and her ability to rally the troops at such short notice brings hope to the conservative movement.
Palin has taught me:
1. You don't need a title to make a change. Palin has said over and over that in or out of office she is going to fight for conservative principles. Another area where Palin has kept her word is that she said she would be a friend and an advocate to the special needs community, which she has done in and out of office.
2. Conservatism is for ALL people. As governor she did have a 93% approval rating - that happens to be the highest recorded approval rating of any governor in U.S. history. She knows a thing or two about the independent American spirit and she connects with average, everyday Americans on a level unparalleled by any politicians today.
3. Keep running. Palin inspired me to take my passion for politics and actually get involved. She also inspired me to become a distance runner. It was through an article in Runner's World and when she talks about running in her book, Going Rogue, that has culminated in my running in the Pittsburgh Marathon in May. (Prayer would be appreciated.) Palin lives out hard work and endurance in her personal and professional life.
4. Don't retreat; just reload. Palin has shown time and again that when the media attacks her, she just gets stronger and stronger. When conservatives stick to their guns, they win. We know conservatism works; we just need to learn how to market it.
5. Have a solid foundation. The reason for Palin's success is her solid foundation in her faith and in her family. This is one of the reasons that attacks against her are like water on a duck's back. She knows what she believes and she knows what is really important in life.
Finally, let's echo Palin's favorite Irish toast: "May we always be happy, and may our enemies always know it."
Happy Birthday Sarah! May God continue to richly bless you and your family!
How has Sarah Palin inspired you?
I encourage you to donate to SarahPAC for Sarah's birthday & if you fly a flag, put it at half mast in honor of America hero, Chris Kyle.
Today, Sarah and Todd are attending Chris Kyle's memorial and funeral service. As Sarah has said on her Facebook page, "God bless this great warrior. Let us keep his wife and children in our prayers, and may we never forget him or his sacrifice."