Thursday, November 22, 2012

Angels

I keep coming back to this verse and I especially thought of it today, on Thanksgiving. The day we are thankful for what we have, but aware that people are struggling, close friends and others we will never even see. No matter where you are today, I encourage you to count your blessings and check out this verse:

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
I challenge you to go out of your way and do something for a stranger. Let me know how it goes. Who knows, maybe you'll interact with an angel.


Finally, thank you for reading my blog. It means a lot to me, and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to share my thoughts and have you read them. Now, do the challenge, eat, sleep and be thankful.

7 comments:

  1. The reminder to stop and count blessings, while being with family, is what makes Thanksgiving my favorite time of year. Thank you for the thoughtful blog posts Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity (slightly off-topic curiosity, at that), what are your thoughts on angels in general? The reality of the existence of angels and demons seems to be accepted by most Christians I'm familiar with, but what exactly they believe about them seems to be either taboo or not very well thought-out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding us to be thankful, that verse really speaks to me and lets us know the importance of being kind to strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great reminder. Though I am reading it after Thanksgiving, we should be thankful every single day, not just one specific holiday. Very important to remember as finals get stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great verse, thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this feeling of thankfulness. Thank you so much for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great reminder, especially during the holiday season. I really love this verse, thanks for this reminder of thankfulness!

    ReplyDelete