Sunday, September 23, 2012

Don't Waste Your Life

"I've wasted it. I've wasted my life." Nobody wants to come to the end of their life and be left with only these words to say. I don't want to say this. My hope is that in every interaction I have that I would lead other people to Christ. That I would be able to say, "but whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ."

I was talking to one of my friends the other day about comforting other people. We both realized that a lot of times when someone is going through something difficult all we have to say is, "that stinks" or "I hope it gets better." And sometimes we have nothing to say. (I understand that being there is better than nothing.)

But 1 Peter 3:15 says, "but in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have..." When was the last time someone asked you about the hope that is in you? I know for me it has been a very long time, and that is shameful.

I want to be so full of God's Word and His Spirit that it would be a natural outpouring, just like Luke 11 and 12 says, "...do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say." We can't help other people if we are not seeking help for ourselves.

There are so many ways to waste our lives, but only one way to live life to the fullest. I watched this sermon today, and my prayer is that it would change your life in a radical way and that you wouldn't say, "I've wasted my life."


For more from John Piper, you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment