Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We workout.

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time." - Vince Lombardi

Tonight my IM (that's Intramural, from the Latin words intra muros meaning "within walls")team played in the Championship game against AEX, the only team we tied during our undefeated season. IM Sports are kind of a big deal at Grove City College. For example:

You can visit GCC's Intramural Website here.
The Game: AEX scored within the first minute of the game. We're both pretty good teams. We had several close shots, and we had several of our friends cheering for us. (For me, that means a lot) My roommate, Jordan, the one with blood on his shirt in the picture above, scored a good 98% of our goals during the season. This was his last game because he's graduating (one of the coolest kids you will ever meet, I'm not even kidding - I'm gonna miss him so much).
Jordan is the RA of a freshman hall, we're known as 1MC, but our team is 1MU because we've combined 1MC and 1MJ the other hall in the L-shaped Memorial building. 1MU(united). At halftime it was 1-0. We started the 2nd half with, "Ronald Reagan on 3..." which made me ecstatic. The 2nd half was full of great opportunities and some good, quality soccer, but we ended the game with 0-1 loss to AEX. Then we ended our season with a prayer in the middle of the field. I love Grove City, almost as much as the guys on my team. I've learned so much from them, and it was awesome getting to know them better through soccer, my favorite sport and the only one I've played since I was 3 years old.
Alas,
The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. - Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment