Here are twelve times in 2012 that stand out in my mind as being momentous in my life. It is hard to put all of 2012 in a list, but here's my attempt:
- Going to CPAC with tons of friends and getting my resume signed by Sarah Palin, on her birthday and after she gave - what I thought- was one of her best speeches.
- Mission trip to Tuscon, Arizona to help out Life in Christ.
- Internship at the Leadership Institute was my ideal summer.
- Trip to Israel with Christians United for Israel with my brothers and sisters, making my ideal summer even more ideal. I can't wait to go back to Israel :)
- Being an RA, making new friends and having some awesome guys on my hall.
- Going to the Values Voter Summit with Sarah Landeene, seeing friends and famous people, including Arizona Governor Brewer and Steven Crowder.
- Visiting my sis, Caitlin, at The Ohio State University, with Bekah and listening to T-Swift's Red album. Now we just have to go to a football game together!
- Todd Starnes emailing Sarah Palin this picture of me right before the election.
- Going to a Paul Ryan Rally the night before the historic 2012 presidential election.
- Making 'Shalom Israel' an official club on campus at Grove City College with many lessons learned and friends make along the way. Here's to Israel & Jewish roots :)
- Going to NYC with my sister, Caitlin, touring Fox News, Times Square, Macy's on 34th Street, the Brooklyn Bridge and seeing Billy Ray Cyrus on Broadway.
- Spending Christmas with my family.
Don't be sad it's over; be glad it happened. But seriously, it gets better. When I look back to the beginning of 2012, I knew God had a lot in store for me and those around me, but I was blown away by His faithfulness and amazing love! No, my year wasn't perfect, but that's the beauty of life. This year I've been humbled, amazed, broken, ashamed, angry, happy and everything in between. No matter what I'm feeling in the moment, God is always holding me in His hand and teaching me new things everyday. God always has bigger, better plans for us. In 2013, trust Him and DREAM BIG!
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."